Yes, it is true! I have been nominated for…
«←The Infinity Dreams Award!→»
Thanks to the lovely Jessie, the creative writer exploring and sharing life on her blog Paper Coffee Store, who has nominated me!
Paper Coffee Store is a great website that covers all things amazing in life from book reviews to learning new languages and even music videos! What more could you ask for! I love her quirky style, you will too!..Visit Jessie @ https://papercoffeestore.wordpress.com/
Rules of The Infinity Dreams Award are:
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
11 facts about me
11> I LOVE Pineapples, Coffee and owl’s!
10} I enjoy books and music!
9] I play the guitar! My favorite guitar that I owned was an acoustic/electric fender that I had in college!
8> Calla Lilies, Sunflowers and Roses are among the loveliest flowers to me!
7} My favorite colors are Purple and Black!
6] I have traveled to 4 countries! I LOVED the crazy streets of Camden Town in London and the inspirational architect in Holland!
5> My art teacher in elementary school is the most influential teacher I had! She inspired me to study Art Education of which I attended Tyler School of Art part of Temple University in Philadelphia!
4} I am an artist! I love Photography, painting and crafting!
3] In high school I won Scholastic awards for my writing and Photography! I won several Golden Keys!
2> I aspire to move to another country such as Holland or the UK! Two of my favorite places!
1} I love travelling! If I could I would travel for the rest of my life! Still working on figuring that one out!!!
Here are my answers to Jessie’s Questions!
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest? A: If it were anyone in the world I would choose my mother! I live in a different state then her and I miss her dearly all the time! I would love to sit down and enjoy dinner and conversation with her!
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful? A: I am most grateful for my family! Even though we are all scattered about we are still here for each other through it all! We are not perfect but we are still family and I love them and am more and more grateful every day for them!
- What’s the best book you’ve read this year? A: The best book I have read this year was Wild by Cheryl Strayed. It was a total shock of a book to me and it resonated and was very emotional! Great read though!
- What’s your favorite song at the moment? A: So this is weird but I like this rap song called I’m Different! I really am not into rap these days but I like the beat and chorus in this song!
- If you were to eat only one dish until you die, what would you choose? A: Ohh this would be tough…It would probably be a dish featuring homemade mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, collards with bacon and Ham Balls with Pineapples..ALL prepared by my Mother of course! Ohh and her amazing banana cake with soft white icing for dessert!
- Have you ever danced in the rain? A: Yeah I remember a time when I was a teenager and my friend and I walked and danced all over town while it was raining one night!
- What cheers you up? A: I would say music or art usually cheers me up!
- What’s your favorite word? A: That would be the word: Creativity!
- Who is your hero? A: I would pick my mother of course! She has stayed strong through out her life! We have had our fair share of fights and times when we did not get along however I appreciate he strength and love! She has overcome a lot and I am proud of her!
- If you could bring one musician back from the dead, who would it be and why? A: I would probably choose John Lennon! I love his music and he was so peaceful and loving! I considered others such as Kurt Cobain or Whitney Houston however I feel like it would just end up the same.
- What animal best represents you and why? A: I would choose an Owl! I am wise and I love to stay up late at night!
My NOMINATIONS are:
1; Kim @ Kim Speaks Up
2; Nelle @ Simply Love
3; Hanna @ Hanna Says
4; Kristie @ Into Him See
5; Jasmine @ Classy, Sassy and a bit Smartassy
6; Betsy @ Heavens to Betsy
7; James & Ali @ (Unrefined) Sweet Life
8; Kristie @ Love on Main Street
9; Julie @ Jewels Wandering
10; Laurie @ Backwards Buffalo
11; Katie @ Katie-Best
And my Questions for them…
- Salty or Sweet?
- Camera or Paintbrush?
- Coffee or Tea?
- Inside or Outside?
- What is #1 on your travel list?
- If you could interview one person for your blog who would it be?
- If you had to paint the whole inside of your house/apartment one color [ceiling, walls and carpets] which one color would you choose?
- What is your favorite fruit?
- What is your favorite vegetable?
- Would you rather work out in the gym or run outside?
- Do you prefer Pants or a Skirt/Dress?
. . .
“You know what music is?
God’s little reminder that there’s something else besides us in this universe;
harmonic connection between all living beings, everywhere, even the stars.” – Robin Wiliams in August Rush.
Recently I participated in The Sketchbook Project (www.thesketchbookproject.com) where I finished up my very own journal and sent it on a trip around the great United States of America!
Unsurprisingly I chose the theme: Wanderer!
Now that my Sketchbook is filled with my hand designed and drawn perceptions of my wanderings it got me to thinking just how much I love to hand draw and write letters!
Since then I have decided to get creative with letters and send them out into the world!
I needed to polish up on my calligraphy so I created HANDWRITTEN on Pinterest to highlight great tips and techniques!
. . .
To check out the pins above head on over to ….. https://www.pinterest.com/amandamadeit/handwritten/
. . .
I even discovered the most thoughtful website dedicated to hand writing letters…http://www.moreloveletters.com/
“More than just the letters– that question is the reason you and I are here in this space right now. I started More Love Letters three years ago and we’ve become the only global organization out there that blesses individuals–young and old– with bundles of love letters during a time in need. We basically want to create the most miraculous experience for people when they need it most: hundreds of letters of support and encouragement showing up at someone’s door all because someone in their own life loved them enough to just ask for those love letters.”
Head over to their website and learn how you can be apart of this amazing movement to send a hand crafted letter of love to a discouraged person to bring encouragement or leave in a special public place for a random person to fall into your letter.
. . .
Happy Hand Writing!
. . .
The lovely Addie over @ Old World New had a 3 Year Blogaversary Giveaway!
Addie has an AMAZING blog:
Her blog is about sustainability, green products, fashion, thrifting and so much more! I enjoy reading about her adventures and looking through her pictures!!
This is what I received in the mail..
Passionfruit Lip Butter from Rooted Beauty
The website describes: Rooted Beauty Passionfruit Lip Butter is a pure, creamy, and rich lip conditioner that is infused with natural passionfruit extract. Our nourishing formula is packaged in a biodegradable paper tube, and a portion of the proceeds for this product help Rena receive the initial supplies and training she needs to sell vegetables in the local marketplace. The opportunity to sell in the local marketplace will enable Rena to provide for herself and her family and break free from the cycle of extreme poverty.
Nailpolish from Mineral Fusion
The website states: A healthier alternative to traditional nail polish in 61 gorgeous shades. Apply this long-lasting chip-resistant mineral nail polish formula flawlessly using our custom, extra-thick brush. Mineral Fusion Nail Polish is a toulene free nail polish and like all of our cosmetics, upholds our standard for Formula Purity.
And a cute personalized note from Addie herself!
I want to thank her for the great green products and for being a supporter of all things green!
I love her about me page….
Check it out @
. . .
Thank you’s are in order for Lisa, the blogger of “From the North to the South!” Lisa recently nominated yours truly for the amazing Liebster Award! I am VERY excited, this is my first nominee!
I love reading Lisa’s blog and I ADORE the picture she has with the red velvet cupcake! Her posts are quirky and inspirational! I love reading about her adventures while travelling!
The rules for the Liebster Award is as follows:
1.) Acknowledge and link back to your nominator…ME!
2.) Answer 11 questions given by the nominator.
3.) Nominate other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4.) Think of 11 new question to ask your nominees.
5.) Notify your nominees that you have nominated them for the Liebster Award!!
Where would your dream holiday be?
I would love to visit Holland! I absolutely love the countryside of Holland and would love to spend a holiday anywhere in the country! Between the food and the tulips and the architecture/canals, I love spending time there and riding bike too!!!
If you were a dinosaur, what kind of dinosaur would you be?
I would want to be a Kulindadromeus! They are the only dinosaurs that have feathers and they have lizard like scales also!!!
If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
My favorite book is The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath! The main character Ester Greenwood felt such deep emotions and brings you down through the raw journey of self. It is a heavy book and Ester’s character really spoke truth to me! She is strong in the truth about her hurt and her emotions! I would love to be able to live the life of a writer and to feel and live as she did!
If you were a super hero or super villain, what powers would you have?
If I were a super hero I would want to have the powers to heal! I would want to be a strong woman super hero who can save peoples lives!
What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
The weirdest thing to date that I have eaten was a cactus! At first I thought it was a string bean until I ate it! It was weird and slimy and really did not have any taste!!!
Do you collect anything?
As an artist I have a tendency to collect articles and objects however I do collect Pineapples! My favorite is a Pineapple cookie jar that I got from my great grandmother!
If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
If I could meet anyone in the history of the world I would pick Jesus! I think it would be the greatest moment to stand in the presence of such a humble, loving child of God!
What was your favorite cartoon growing up?
I really loved to watch the Magic School Bus! I loved the teacher she was so artistic and fun! The adventures they went on left me wanting to learn more and go on my own adventures! I also LOVED Captain Planet! It was fun to watch everyone save the world!
What ice-cream flavors do you love/hate?
I LOVE: Red Velvet, Chocolate Chip Mint and Black Raspberry Ohhhh and Salted Caramel!!! There are no flavors that I can say I Hate however I do not prefer ice cream that has too much chocolate!!!
Would you rather be poor and happy, or rich and miserable?
Poor and Happy any day!
What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever been for Halloween?
My FAVORITE Halloween costume was when I was a stewardess! I had beautiful Gold sparkly high heels and aviators and this really awesome vintage orange Samsonite suitcase! I had a blast in that costume!
My nominees are…
Katie @ http://katie-best.com/
Samantha @ http://godlywomanhood.com/
Betsy @ http://www.betsygettis.com/
Ashley @ http://girltalk2015.blogspot.com/
Congratulations: Here are YOUR 11 questions:
1.) What is the inspiration you have to keep you motivated daily?
2.) How do you make your coffee?
3.) What is the outcome you envisioned from the beginning for your blog?
4.) What is ONE thing you could NOT live without?
5.) Purple or Pink?
6.) What inspired you to start writing?
7.) As a child, what is it you wanted to be when you grew up?
8.) As an adult, what is it you want to be?
9.) What one thing do you believe could change the world?
10.) What is your favorite scripture?
11.) What is your favorite book?
. . .
My name is Amanda Marie and this is my life……
Thanks for visiting my virtual reality!
. . .
First off I want to take time to thank you for visiting my blog, I am blessed to be able to share my thoughts and inspirations with you! My purpose for Life, Miracles and all the Hassles In-Between is to share my joyfulness for God! My intention for this blog is focused around sharing the word of God as well as focusing on keeping our temple healthy! I will share scriptures, discuss health, style as well as other random bits here and there! So stay tuned for a blessed year!
To start off this blessed new year I have my favorite bible quote to share……